An Important Note ... The main address for this site is now mettaspencer.com. Be sure to change your bookmarks!
You can continue using the site's original address—metta.spencer.name—but it will automatically be redirected to this one.
How to Save the World in a Hurry
Keynote speech to the Canadian Peace Research Association, at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Brock University, St Catharines, 29 May 2014.
Top links on and off this site
- In November 2015, I spoke to the Voice of Women annual awards dinner. My speech, Hard Choices, addresses the war in Syria, the resulting refugee crisis, and related issues. It is now available on this website.
- The Global Pub is an initiative to encourage grassroots dialogue among everyday North Americans and Russians. The idea is to use Google Plus for (free) monthly video conferences; full details and an application form can be found here.
- The This Nuclear Age lecture series for the Winter 2015 academic term starts on January 7. You can find the schedue here, and check the Science for Peace YouTube channel for videos of the events after they've happened (usually 1-3 weeks afterwards).
- Science for Peace continues to present a great lecture series at University College on Wednesdays at 7:00 pm. There are YouTube videos for most of these lectures, so if you weren't able to be there, you can catch up by viewing the videos here.
- The Russian Quest for Peace and Democracy is now available in hardback and softcover. See the book's freestanding website RussianPeaceandDemocracy.com (with extensive background audio, transcripts, and photos), and/or order a copy through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Chapters Indigo, or Lexington Books, the publisher.
Some essential background reading (see the left-hand page menu as well):
Professor Metta Spencer
155 Marlee Ave #201
Toronto ON M6B 4B5
or use the mailback form on this website.